Mosque League - Match day 4 Report | Wycombe Wanderers
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-19106,single-format-standard,ajax_leftright,page_not_loaded,,vertical_menu_enabled,side_area_uncovered_from_content,qode-theme-ver-9.1.2,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.9.0,vc_responsive

Mosque League – Match day 4 Report

05 Mar Mosque League – Match day 4 Report

Mosque League


Block 2 – Match day 4

MEC                 4-2     Maidenhead

The bottom two played each other for the 1st time in the league and the game was a thrilling viewing and exceptional entertainment.

The early exchanges were pretty even and both teams tried to gain some control and momentum of the game, with both missing chances. The keepers and defences were being kept busy and with focus on attack, both were leaving plenty of space at the back to exploit.

It was MEC who broke the deadlock and again for them, Captain Marvel, Mehmoon, was leading from the front and driving the team forward as he was all over the pitch, working his socks off. He was causing Maidenhead all sorts of problems with his direct football, picking the ball up and running at them.

MEC were not having it all their way, as Maidenhead were creating plenty of chances and causing them all sorts of problems also. It was again, their lack of finishing and composure in front of goal that was missing as they were missing chance after chance, albeit the keeper, Fehzaan, for MEC was having one of those games with some great saves.

With so much focus on attack and both set of players finding lots of space on the pitch, MEC struck again with a well taken goal to make it 2-0.

That advantage did not last long as Maidenhead hit back and finally took one of their chances to decrease the deficit and get back in the game.

There were no more goals as the 1st half came to a close and the teams went in with MEC leading 2-1.

The 2nd half started off like the way 1st half ended, with both teams still having a go at each other from the go.

Now Maidenhead were chasing the game and MEC were sitting back and hitting them on the counter. The more Maidenhead pushed for the equalizer, the more spaces they were leaving at the back.

This proved to be their undoing as MEC hit them on the counter and took one of their chances to make it 3-1 and have some breathing space.

Now the game was even more open and the tacklers were flying in, it was getting heated out there and you could see how much both teams wanted to win the match.

MEC punished Maidenhead again on the counter to put the game to bed and take 3 vital points to make it 4-1.

Maidenhead, to their credit still did not give up and kept fighting. They were rewarded with few minutes left as they grabbed a well taken second goal, but they knew at this point that it was nothing more than a consolation.

The ref blew the whistle not long after that as the game came to a close with MEC coming out victorious 4-2.

It was another cracking game, full of entertainment and the league each week keeps serving up some wonderful treats and is proving its worth.