WWSET “STREET SOCCER” COACH JOB ADVERT
JOB TITLE: WWSET “Street Soccer” Coach
REPORTING TO: WWSET Social Inclusion Manager
LOCATION Cressex Astroturf High Wycombe
SALARY: £15 per Hour – 2 hours per week.
TIMINGS: 6.00 – 8.00pm Saturday evenings (academic term time only)
The WWSET Street Soccer Coach will be responsible for assisting the WWSET Social Inclusion Manager deliver a youth-led football session which aims to engage young people in a productive and health pastime, and in a fun, safe and enjoyable environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with young people
- Ability to build relationships and relate well to young people
- Ability to motivate young people and facilitate young people’s learning
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Commitment to equality and challenging all forms of discrimination
- Football coaching
- Excellent communication skills
Main Roles & Duties:
- Ensure all participants complete a signing-in form
- Collect participant fees
- referee the matches
- Encourage a fun, positive, safe, secure atmosphere
- Communicate effectively and develop a rapport with participants
- Assist young people to express and realise their goals
- Positively challenge oppressive behaviour in young people
- Provide information and support to young people
- Enable young people to work effectively in groups
- To monitor and record participant’s attendance and development
- Carry out administrative duties, under the direction of the Social Inclusion Manager
- To carry out such duties, as may be assigned by the Social Inclusion Manager, within the level of the post
This role requires an FA enhanced DBS check to be carried out.
Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and abide by all relevant policies and procedures.
WWSET is committed to equality and this post will be recruited for in accordance with the WWSET Equality Policy.
Please send a CV and cover letter to either of the following:
WWSET Social Inclusion Manager