18 May WWSET join Good Youth Employment Charter
Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust (WWSET) are proud to announce that we have signed up to the Good Youth Employment Charter.
Youth Employment UK is an independent, not for profit social enterprise founded in 2012 to tackle youth unemployment. Their services, expertise and resources are co-created with young people. The Good Youth Employment Charter support the nation’s youth with free skills and careers information and have developed the Young Professional Programme which supports 14-24-year-olds on their journey to a satisfying career.
As experts on youth employment and unemployment, they are ideally placed to understand the complex landscape facing young people, employers and policy makers.
Their aim is to actively tackle youth unemployment by:
- Giving young people a voice on the youth employment issues that affect them
- Supporting young people with the skills and careers support they need to progress
- Supporting employers to develop and be recognised for their youth-friendly employment practice
- Connecting young people to Youth Friendly Employers
- Providing expert insight across all youth employment policy areas
- Giving young people skills careers support and tools to fulfil their potential
- Our Skills and Careers Hub provides 14-24 year olds with free resources, advice and guidance.
- Designed with input from young people, the Skills and Careers Hub offers practical tools to support young people through education, transition into employment and beyond in a process of lifelong learning.
The Good Youth Employment Charter runs the Kickstart programme, from which we have recently welcomed Penny as an Education Assistant, and Zulaikha as an Office Administrator. Their KickstartGuide for Employers can be found here.