30 Jun FRIENDS OF WWSET REOPENED FOR 2021/22
Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust (WWSET) is pleased to announce that the ‘Friends of WWSET’ programme that saw its inaugural season last year is set to be renewed this year, with some new and exciting benefits to our partners.
In September 2020, amid the global Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we were round to launch a brand new initiative that seeks to build relationships with local organisations and provide them with an opportunity to satisfy their Corporate Social Responsibility aims, whilst at the same time generating money for the charity which will allow us to continue growing our provision of programmes that benefit our local community.
The 2020/21 Friends of WWSET package included (among other perks) a framed certificate, exclusive rights to use the “Friend of Wycombe Wanderers SET” logo, a long-form media story on the club website, including promotion on social media channels and the local press where appropriate, appearances in the matchday programmes and game tickets, including one VIP matchday experience in one of Adams Park’s corporate hospitality suites.
We set out initially to work with 12 local organisations, and it is with great pride that we can say we achieved this aim. For the 2021/22 season, we are looking to go bigger and better with an unlimited amount of opportunities available, and an updated package.
This week, Head of Fundraising at WWSET, Mark Fawkes, has been conversing with the 2020/21 Friends of WWSET to gain further understanding of what benefits are useful to our Friends of WWSET, what could be added and what could be taken away, ahead of finalising the package for next season.
He said, “The Friends of WWSET package was an amazing project last season and one that we are delighted to have extended into this season. There were obviously some struggles delivering some of the package last year – bits such as matchday tickets, as there were no fans allowed in the stadium due to the Covid-19 lockdown protocols – but on the whole, our partners were really understanding of this and the feedback we received was mostly positive.”
He continued, “The package this year will have a much greater focus on looking outwards into the local community, and building a high-performing network for our partners, including regular promotion of their services, further sponsorship opportunities where applicable and a formal end-of-season gala dinner. This last year has been tough for everyone, but I think that we have all learned a lot about what is important in business and in life, and a key part of this new package will be to work together and celebrate our successes as a network.”
The 2021/22 Friends of WWSET is currently in the final stages of development and is set to be formally announced in July 2021.
We have a number of our partners who have signed up for this upcoming season and we are also in talks with some new partners, but if you would like to find out more about the Friends of WWSET package, or would like to sign up, please contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR 2020/21 Partners (in alphabetical order):
- Activate Camps, a leading provider of active and inspiring sport & activity childcare camps in the UK.
- ADA Music UK, providing worldwide marketing, merchandising, promotion, and music licensing services.
- Buckinghamshire Council Fostering Service, helping children in care find a stable and safe home.
- Captain Oi! Records, respected and longstanding punk and oi record label based in High Wycombe.
- Cherry Red Records, one of the top British independent record labels.
- Hybridge Partners, independent foreign exchange broker offering financial solutions to help them grow internationally.
- Instron, a global provider of testing equipment for the material and structural testing markets.
- Key Production Group, design agency, making bespoke items for the Music and other industries.
- Luker Rowe, chartered insurance brokers specialising in Business, Personal and AV & Events insurance.
- Martin & Co, property agents in Battersea Reach, Chelsea and London Riverside.
- Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, part of the Wycombe Wanderers Family.
- Wycombe Wanderers Trust, part of the Wycombe Wanderers Family.
WWSET is a registered charity (charity number 1119794) and a separate legal entity to Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, and so all income generated via the “Friends of WWSET” initiative will be spent solely on the furtherance of our charitable aims. We thank our current Friends for helping us achieve these aims and the club for their continued support of this programme.