Forming part of the EFL Trust Training Ground programme of courses, Changing Rooms 2021-2022 is an 8 -12 week course that looks to engage those furthest from the workplace, many of whom have physical disabilities or underlying mental health conditions, and move them closer to employment. The Changing Rooms 2021-2022 course by Wycombe Wanderers Sports & Education Trust in partnership with the EFL Trust and DWP, and is kindly funded by Buckinghamshire Council.
WWSET Health and Education department staff will deliver units that develop the mental and physical aspects of finding employment, ultimately improving mental health and physical wellbeing.
Employability is developed by teaching key skills such as team building, interpersonal skills, CV writing and money management. The health and wellbeing element of the programme combines 2 hours of physical health activity and 2-4 hours of mental health support.
Typical programme information: Taken from the EFL Trust website. The Changing Rooms 2021 programme will run for 12 weeks. During this time, participants will complete the following core elements:
Health and Well-being
· Complete a 12 week Health and Wellbeing programme
· Complete a locally devised mental health and physical activity programme for 2 – 4 hours per week
Core Employability Offer
· Complete a 21 hour money management programme of study. Those who wish can receive a qualification with Skills First Awards
· Opportunity to take part in a Digital Skills qualification
· Undertake an employability and interpersonal skills development programme covering team building, communication skills, behaviours and attitudes for work, CV writing and covering letters
· Mentoring session / café conversations signposting participants to health and wellbeing services as well as other physical activity sessions taking place within the local area. Drop in sessions will be available to participants for 8 weeks after the formal conclusion of the programme
· In receipt of Universal Credit or other legacy benefit
· Referred from Job centre Plus / DWP, subject to funding
To book a space on the Changing Rooms Project please click here.
Alternatively, please speak to your work coaches.