Each year the Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership is allocated a Community Safety Grant from the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner, to be spent on addressing local priorities.
Wycombe Wanderers Sports and Education Trust successfully applied for a grant to deliver our ‘SET For Safety’ project during 2020-21, part of which involves running a youth club called ‘Play Into Space’.
‘Play Into Space’ is totally FREE and will be delivered at East Side Youth Centre based at Highcrest Academy during 2020-21 school holiday periods.
The aim of the youth club is to provide participants with:
· A safe and secure space during the school holidays, with the ultimate aim of diverting them away from involvement in crime and antisocial behaviour, or the risk of being exploited.
· Personal development opportunities via the delivery of workshops focusing on current hot topics.
· The opportunity to take part in a variety of sports sessions, therefore giving them a positive outlet for their energy as well as assisting them to improve their physical and mental health.
‘Play Into Space’ will run two sessions a day from December 2020, subject to on-going Covid-19 restrictions:
· Session 1 is for participants aged 8 – 12 years old and will run from 9:30am – 12:30pm
· Session 2 is for participants aged 13 – 15 years old and will run from 1.00pm – 4.00pm
The ‘Play Into Space’ delivery dates are:
· Christmas Holidays 2020 = 21st 22nd 23rd December
· Feb 2021 Half Term = 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th February
· Easter 2021 = 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th April
· Summer Half Term 2021 = 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th June
· Summer Holidays 2021 = 22nd and 23rd July
Due to the current pandemic participant places will be limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. All places must be booked online. Please keep an eye on our social media platforms for when booking links become live.